Are you enjoying my new site 'I Love to Make Quilts'? I sure am!! It's SEW exciting to see your Solstice blocks pop up on Wednesday! My goal is a twice a week post for this website, the second will be either another fun quilt along I am hosting, maybe a cool deal I spotted, or a free pattern!
photos courtesy of APQ magazine
Each year APQ magazine hosts a Grand Quilt Along and it's incredible fun to see all the variations! Lots of designers and bloggers join in. (Details)
We start NOW by making one of the 3 patterns, the Blue version is nice BIG squares, the red scrappy version, or at their website you can do one logcabin block, just for a 'taste' of it!
- Get the Blue verison pattern In Quilts & More from HERE
- The Red Strippy is in the APQ issue that subscribers get next week, you should find in the stores very soon
I have this bundle of Kate Spain Grand Canal that I want to play with, I love it!
I am kind of a Kate Spain groupie... shhh .. don't tell anyone
Since what I have right now is a Fat Eight bundle, I might buy a few more 1/2 yd pieces, then I am pretty sure I will convert a few rectangles in the blue version to scrappy strips like the red version..
Question for you....
I am going to leave one color out, which would you remove?
- Grand Canal Fabric, I so love this!
- Aurifil Thread
- Quilts & More Magazine Here
- American Patchwork & Quilting Subscription
- Quilt Along Details at American Patchwork & Quilting
Article continues below this Ad