I love a Bright and Shiney New Year! HELLO 2017 we are going to be very good friends!
Here at I Love to Make Quilts I want to kick off Jan 1 with a BANG .. a Quilty Prize worthy type bang...
I will be doing more about the fun things planned for 2017, but let me give you a short spin around the block today
- Each Wednesday will be a NEW free quilt block. My first Project is the 182 Day Solstice Challenge
- We are also continuing Moda's Be My Neighbor Sew Along
- I also have my Favorite Things page where you can get links to my supplies that I use
- On either Fri/Sat or Sun will be a SECOND post each week and it might be a tutorial, a fun find, a free pattern or something like today, a giveaway!
- So you can find things there is at TOP Nav bar with the BIG Topic Categories and on the RIGHT side bar are more detailed Topic Categories
Jan 1, 2017... the first page of our new year is so FULL of possibilities! My personal tradition is to be SURE I do a few minutes of ALL the things I want to do MORE of this year. For me that is...
- Sew sew sew!!! did I mention sew?
- Take a walk, I want to walk more
- Take a few minutes to be relaxed, maybe read, look at a book, or just listen to some music. Take some time to let my mine think. I tend to be a go-go-go person and have to force myself to slow down.
The Quilt behind my Question is my new 'Pinwheel Park' Layer cake pattern + one fabric pattern, hope you make one!
Now for the fun!!!
What will you do today to kick off 2017?
Answer in the comments below by Jan 4 at 6pm EST and you could win this prize
Winner is Kathy B who said "My 2017 goals are to shine my sink which I am hopeful will spread thru out the house. I'm going to tame my sewing areas so I can get more done. I'm going to quilt more of my quilt tops. I'm going to cut projects for each machine I have. These will include nursing home quilts, baby quilts, pet quilts and some for family. I'm going to cut a simple quilt to send to my sewing granddaughter to put together. I am thinking of rejoining the church lady quilting bunch every other Thursday. I am going to get back into the habit of walking the pets."
- My EXCLUSIVE Aurifil threads kit (this is the last one I have!)
- My EXCLUSIVE Talk show Button (Be sure you listen!)
- My NOT YET IN STORES Mini Charm of Sunday Drive
- AND an fun coloring book so you can relax too!
Article continues below this Ad