Check out the Clearance section, you will always find some great deals!
So what is this Solstice project?
On Dec 21, 2016 the Winter Solstice started
I've been fascinated for years about starting a project on the Winter Solstice and ending it on the Summer Solstice. That is 182 days between them this year. We have 182 days to focus on doing a project... something fun... creative.. free flowing.
The Solstice Project is my personal journey you are invited to be on.
- I started this project with just a few blocks and the idea to use up what I had and to create 1 blocks a week.
- 182 days to create a quilt with 25 blocks and a fun setting. I had no plan other than that.
- No layout, No supply list, only about 5 blocks were designed, with a plan for several block sizes.
- If you have ever wanted see how another person creates, this is a great project to join me on and I'm creating this from my stash... it's a grand experiment in FUN!
What to Do Now
- Enter your email to get a notice of Each FREE Block on Wednesday
- Find some fabric you love.... There is NO supply list.. this is a jump start in creativity
- Share your block at the Quilt Show below by clicking the blue box (tutorial here on loading a photos)
- Join me Online to share and ask questions!
My Solstice lists of blocks & layouts are below..keep reading!
Article continues below this Ad
Click the PHOTO or the Text under the photo to go to the block page.
FYI - if it doesn't work change browsers, or devices...phones often have problems.
- This project is for myself, so I'm doing my signature Asymmetrical setting on the left. With multiple size blocks and a layout with spaces.
- Some of you that joined me i know won't want to do multiple size blocks, although I really think you SHOULD... on the right is a way for you to set 12" blocks. BUT for my larger blocks I'll suggest a way you can use part of it. BUT you don't have to. You can repeat one of the other blocks or put in your own. this is a Journey in creativity. It's not a formula quilt. So relax!
- I plan to write directions in March for the settings. Here is the post on them
- Find some fabric you love.... There is NO supply list.. this is a jump start in creativity, go with the flow and use up something you have. You can add to it as you go along.
- A FQ Bundle plus a background
- Several layer cakes
- Gather the basket of fabric scraps and go totally wild!
Check out the FLASH Sale, changes daily!